Running has become a routine, maintaining my weight, keeping my bones healthy and pain-free. However, I began feeling more aches and muscle soreness, despite having good shoes and proper form. Someone suggested I invest in the best foot massager to help with recovery time and increase relaxation.
Getting a foot massager was a great decision because it helped me in more ways than one! But I noticed that there were so many different foot massagers out there, and it can get daunting choosing the right brand for you. That’s why I made this purchasing guide and review, so read on!
I’ll show you the ten best foot massager reviews to help you out.
- 10 Best Foot Massagers In 2022 Reviews
- 1. The Simple Yet Effective: Theraflow Dual Foot Massager Roller
- 2. The Advanced and Professional Feel: Cloud Massage Foot Massage Machine
- 3. The Relaxing and Comfortable: RENPHO Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine
- 4. The Versatile and Feature-Filled: Nekteck Foot Massager
- 5. The Powerful and Invigorating: MedMassager MMF06 Foot Massager
- 6. The Snug and Pressure-Relieving: Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager
- 7. The User-Friendly and Safe: MARNUR Shiatsu Foot Massager
- 8. The Innovative and Adjustable: Beurer Shiatsu Foot Massager
- 9. The Ultimate and Energizing: Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager
- 10. The Affordable and Deep Pressure: HoMedica Shiatsu Foot Massager
- The Benefits of a Good Foot Massage For Runners
- How to Choose the Best Foot Massager
- Frequently Asked Questions: The Best Foot Massager
- Wrapping It Up
10 Best Foot Massagers In 2022 Reviews
1. The Simple Yet Effective: Theraflow Dual Foot Massager Roller
The TheraFlow may be the most simple on the list, but it’s one of the most efficiently-designed for a manual foot massager. It has the accurate acupressure nubs and is used as a roller so all you need to do is to roll your feet back and forth. There’s no need to use your hands, just let this Platform massager keep your feet open and relaxed without exerting so much effort.
It’s compact enough to store away easily and feels therapeutic right after runs, making it a great choice if you’re on a tight budget.
- Extremely affordable price
- Compact and can be brought around
- Helps relieve pain and tight muscles
- Not automatic, need to exert energy
- Open and does not apply pressure for better blood flow
2. The Advanced and Professional Feel: Cloud Massage Foot Massage Machine
While the Cloud Massage is the exact opposite of TheraFlow, you’ll be amazed at how much this massager can do. It doesn’t only treat my feet, but I can feel my entire body feel better after a session. It kneads my feet deeply and hits the right pressure points, reaching my lower back.
The massager is also extremely easy to use, having the toe-touch controls anyone can understand and configure within seconds. For its amazing pressure, different modes, and heat therapy, it’s worth every dollar.
- Toe-touch controls to use easily and adjusts within seconds
- Feels snug but not too tight, also offers various massage modes
- Choose a dual massage that reaches all of your feet
- Comes at a very expensive price
- Doesn’t heat as well as other massagers
3. The Relaxing and Comfortable: RENPHO Shiatsu Foot Massager Machine
Another high-tech massager goes out to RENPHO, which uses a variety of useful nodes. It has a rotation ball, a rolling stick, as well as air and heat compression for that deep kneading. Because of this, it can help with recovery time and tight muscles after a run.
I like it best for its ease of control, as it has a remote AND toe-touch control included. There are also three intensities and pressure levels to ensure that you have the perfect massage. For its modern design and functions, it’s worth the cost!
- Various useful modes to choose from
- Relieve pain and tight muscles within minutes
- Uses remote control for ease of adjustment
- Doesn’t offer the strongest pressure for some people
- The cord isn’t as long
4. The Versatile and Feature-Filled: Nekteck Foot Massager
If you want a very affordable foot massager machine, you can’t go wrong with Nekteck. It’s a Platform Massager so there isn’t a compression mode, but it does offer a good shiatsu massage! It isn’t as efficient compared to other higher-priced massagers but does the job well in keeping my feet relaxed and with less pain.
I love it for the heating function, as it’s not too hot and just right to soothe sore muscles. Furthermore, it’s very easy to operate with the portability to bring around!
- Very cheap price for foot massager machine
- Portable and can be brought anywhere with its handle
- Great heating function for added relaxation
- No modes or intensity levels to choose from
- Doesn’t relieve tightness as good as other massagers
5. The Powerful and Invigorating: MedMassager MMF06 Foot Massager
The MedMassager comes at a more expensive price, but for a reason! It’s one of the most powerful massagers made for health conditions and also works well for runners. Doctors and therapists use and recommend it for patients because of how well it can stimulate blood flow and circulation.
It has a reliable and strong construction with a soft footpad, which targets pressure points excellently. You can choose between speeds and have it begin lessening both tightness and numbness around the feet and lower legs.
- Reliable construction made to last for a long time
- Great for runners and those with serious feet conditions
- Doctors used and recommend it for its excellent pressure relief
- The price seems too high for the limited features offered
- Might be too small for some users
6. The Snug and Pressure-Relieving: Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager
The Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager doesn’t come with any frills, just what you need to relieve your tired feet. It’s made best for runners because of its excellent pressure and how it kneads your feet in the right areas. It can also offer a Shiatsu massage that’s almost as good as a real masseuse!
There are two homey chambers and you can also have it compressed with five different settings. It even comes with two wireless remotes to easily set what you want without the need to move.
- Amazing heat and compression hits the right spots
- Relieves tired muscles from running
- Offers a snug fit and soft cushioning
- It can be confusing to use two remotes
- Pressure can feel uneven over time due to durability issues
7. The User-Friendly and Safe: MARNUR Shiatsu Foot Massager
The MARNUR Shiatsu Foot Massager offers a variety of modes and functions to find the perfect massage. It comes with heat, Shiatsu massages, kneading, as well as compression!
While it may feel a bit too tight when placing your feet in the chambers at first, you get used to it. Fortunately, it has a breathable cover to keep things well-ventilated. When in use, it does a job well done in relieving fatigued feet from intense runs, making it a good investment if you want spa-like treatment at a more affordable price range.
- Has various functions to relieve tired feet excellently
- Has a breathable and removable cover for added comfort
- Mimics a real masseuse well enough for its price
- Feels too tight during the first few times using it
- Might be confusing learning how to set it at first
8. The Innovative and Adjustable: Beurer Shiatsu Foot Massager
The Beurer Shiatsu Foot Massager uses rotating massage heads with smooth and comfortable pressure. It isn’t the compression one needs, but the Shiatsu massage that you feel better from!
The massager is a bit limited in terms of levels and functionality, but you can’t beat it at its price range. It even comes with a heat function and adjustable height, made more comfortable as it kneads away knots if you were on your feet the entire day! It’s known to help conditions like plantar fasciitis a lot, recommended if you go through similar issues.
- Works well for those who have plantar fasciitis
- Extremely simple and easy to set up
- Comes with heating and smooth nodes to lessen pain
- May not reach some areas if you have a high arch
- Massaging tips might feel too hard for some
9. The Ultimate and Energizing: Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager
The Belmont Foot Massager is a Platform designed product that offers the bare necessities. While it doesn’t have the frills, its existing features work excellently, making it worth more than what you pay for. I like it best for runners with plantar fasciitis, as it provides a good amount of pressure to treat and relieve the symptoms, even if you have high arches!
Besides that, it also has portable and lightweight properties, so you can take it anywhere and leave it wherever. For its portability, I would highly recommend it!
- You can take the massager anywhere and use it around the house
- It comes with a money-back guarantee and worthy value
- Offers strong pressure to treat high arches and various foot conditions
- It will feel a bit uncomfortable or very ticklish the first half minute
- Your feet may sometimes slide while being massaged
10. The Affordable and Deep Pressure: HoMedica Shiatsu Foot Massager
Last but not least, the HoMedics is one of the most affordable foot massager machines around! If you’re on a tight budget but still want something automatic, you’ll be impressed with what this offers. Since it’s open, there’s no compression and doesn’t feel stuffy, offering deep kneading and enough pressure.
Besides that, it has optional heat to soothe your muscles even better. The platform design is made for big feet with modern construction to easily bring wherever you want. Simply switch it on, touch the controls, and get a good massage before or after runs.
- Covered with soft and breathable fabric for a cozy massage
- Comes with heat and the right amount of pressure
- Very cheap price at good value for a Shiatsu massager
- It may not last as long as others
- Won’t relieve pain at all if your arches are too high
The Benefits of a Good Foot Massage For Runners
I was a bit hesitant getting a foot massager, honestly. I used to think they were just a waste of money since I can just knead my feet myself, or stretch it out after runs! But the more I began using a GREAT foot massager, I felt like I had even better runs.
It didn’t do any miracles, of course, but it did do more than just keep me running pain-free! Here are some of the benefits a good foot massager can do for your runs and feet:
1. Loosens Up Tight Muscles
As a runner, we put so much strain on our feet every time we’re out on the road or trail! As a result, we’re more at risk of conditions like tight plantar fascia, which causes tension and aches.
With a good foot massager, it counteracts that tightness felt, relieving our muscles. It loosens up the nerves and muscles within our feet, keeping it comfortable and pain-free after an intense session.
2. Prevents Long-Term Foot Problems
There are so many conditions related to our feet today, and not only runners are at risk of it! Bunions, plantar fasciitis, flat feet, or even other running injuries can put us in an uncomfortable and painful position.
If you suffer from any of these conditions or want to prevent injuries, then foot massagers can help you out. Daily massages can treat flat feet and strengthen your feet’s week arches, as well as lessen the pain and inflammation if you have inflammation in your plantar fascia.
3. Increased Circulation For Recovery
Good massages can promote better blood flow to the feet, which is great for post runs and for those who have problems with circulation. They also work on nerves and pressure points to relieve pain.
It can also strengthen your feet and ankles, reducing muscle soreness. As a result, it quickens and improves your recovery while preventing any future injuries!
4. Improves Your Mood For Anything!
There’s no denying that right after a good massage, we feel pretty relaxed and happy. This is because massages, wherever part of the body it’s done, works on pressure points that relieve migraines and headaches. It also lessens the stress and anxiety felt, increasing focus and concentration.
That way, you’ll be more motivated and happier before AND after runs, motivating you to keep going!
5. Comfortable and Versatile to Use Anytime
I love how comfortable I am with a foot massager since it has extra cushioning while applying pressure and vibration. Besides this, I’m in the comforts of my own home, which improves the entire experience. There’s no need to go all the way to a spa since I can use the foot massager anytime I want to, no appointments needed!
6. Cheaper Than Getting a Masseuse
Not everyone can afford a masseuse for everyday sessions, as it costs a lot to visit the spa! Not only will you pay for the session, but the time and money going to the spa and even leaving a tip. At least with a massager, it’s a one-time investment and you’ll be able to have massages daily while still reaping the benefits mentioned.
Do you want to learn more about why foot massages are beneficial? Check out this video to see why:
How to Choose the Best Foot Massager
As I was selecting a good foot massager, I realized there were so many brands and models to choose from! They all work similarly, but many have different features, designs, and reviews to consider, making it confusing. To keep you from getting even more confused, here are the following factors to look into to get the foot massager suitable for YOU:
1. Controls and How to Adjust It
It’s best to have a foot massager that comes with both manual and automatic setting functions. They should have preprogrammed speed, as well as the ability for you to adjust it, useful if you’re a beginner looking for the ideal massage.
Also, look into how you control it. Either you should have a remote control to adjust the settings or toe-touch controls with a pad in an accessible area. That way, you won’t need to bend over and feel uncomfortable customizing the speed or massage mode.
2. What Features Does It Offer?
While some expensive massagers have useless frills, there are various massage options and extra useful features. You should opt for good add-ons and features like:
- Portability to bring it while traveling or for storage
- Extra modes to target specific areas around the feet
- Non-skid design to prevent the massager from sliding during use
- Cordless and battery-operated design to get a massage anywhere without a wall outlet
3. Cushioning and Comfort
Besides the massage type and customizability, you’ll want a soft and comfortable cushioning around your foot massager. This ensures that your feet feel at complete ease while it’s being massaged, adding to the overall experience and benefits.
Look for massagers that don’t only have soft cushioning, but smooth fabrics that don’t feel itchy or uncomfortable on the skin.
4. Ease of Use and Cleaning
Owning a foot massager you can’t even set up quickly can add to your stress, definitely counteractive to what you want. That’s why it’s important to invest in a foot massager that’s easy to configure and understand, so you can focus more on the message and not how to assemble it!
Your chosen massager should also be easy to clean, having the removable fabrics for hygiene and for the product to last longer.
5. Massager Size and Weight
The size matters because you want to make sure that your massager can easily be stored or put away quickly. It shouldn’t be too heavy or bulky to the point you can’t set it up or store it easily. If possible, search for something you can fold down and is lightweight to carry.
Besides its portability and ease of storage, you also have to think about the massager’s size and design based on your feet.
For those who want a slightly bigger size to accommodate large feet or just want more room, Platform massagers are best. These give you more wiggle room to move your feet around, though they have no air compression features.
If you want or need something to feel like it’s hugging your feet, an Enclosed Massager is a good choice, offering compression features. It encases the whole feet from your toes to heels, giving the wrong pressure.
6. Different Types of Foot Massagers
Other than massage types (which I’ll explain further), there are also different types of massagers to consider. These are the four main types, each having benefits according to what you need:
Manual Foot Massagers
Manual foot massagers are low-tech and simple, but still, an effective way to work on your feet’s soft tissues. They are extremely affordable and don’t have the automatic features since you need to massage and roll it yourself. However, they still work well and are best for those on a budget.
Foot spas, or foot bath massagers, are a more relaxing way to massage your feet and feel like you’re in a spa! It uses hydrotherapy with hot water and jets, simulating a hot tub for the feet. You can even add essential oils, Epson salts, or other various fragrances for a luscious experience.
Electric Foot Massagers
These are more popular and the high-tech massagers which need to be powered by battery or wall outlets. Using electric motors, it has nodes that knead and compress your feet, mimicking a real massage therapist. It also pinpoints areas that require the most attention and you won’t have to do the work, just sit back and relax.
There are also electric foot massagers that come in a slipper form or heated vibrating pads, other than just the typical machine construction.
Circulation boosters are made best for those who focus on increasing blood flow and circulation around your feet. There aren’t any actual massages involved, but it utilizes electrical stimulation for muscle and nerve ending activation. As a result, your feet contract and release the nerve endings, encouraging better blood flow, less pain, and healthier feet.
7. What Massage Do You Want?
There are various functions a massager can have, and it’s best to understand each one to see what you need most. Some massagers may have all (at an expensive price) while others have one or three features.
- Shiatsu is a traditional type of massage, using rotating vibrators or heads to simulate a real masseuse. It’s a Japanese method but is based on traditional Chinese medicine, using pressure from one’s hands to knead muscles. Sometimes, heat is applied for a better experience
- Vibration foot massagers are helpful for circulation issues as well, especially when you experience numbness in your feet
- Compression is directly applying pressure to relax and rejuvenate muscles, best for those who may suffer from circulation issues. It dilates your capillaries, will massagers having inflation settings for your preferred pressure
- Heat isn’t an individual massage technique but used with different massage types or an added feature. It loosens your muscles and reduces muscle tension, preferred after a long run, also increasing blood flow
- Infrared waves are invisible waves, which penetrate your bones and muscles. It relaxes stiff muscles and increases blood flow by elevating your body’s temperature. Similar to heat, it isn’t an individual technique and used with other massage types
- Hydrotherapy uses water pressure to treat your feet, which relaxes muscles increases blood circulation and relieves muscles caused by injuries or conditions. It utilizes a mix of bubbles, jets, heat, infrared, and vibrations for a good experience
8. The Warranty and Your Budget
And finally, how much can you afford for your foot massager? The price can range from as low as $15 to as high as $500, depending on the type and features it offers. While I don’t recommend that you get the cheapest one, avoid getting the most expensive one just for the sake of it.
Consider the features you NEED rather than get something expensive with the useless frills. Price isn’t the main priority, yet still, an important factor since you don’t want to break the bank but still make an efficient investment.
To get your money’s worth, I also suggest you get a massager that comes with a warranty or money-back guarantee just in case!
Frequently Asked Questions: The Best Foot Massager
There’s more to learn about a good foot massager other than its benefits and how to select the right one. You also have to know if they’re right for you, and how to use it well! If you want to learn more about foot massagers, here are frequently asked questions many of our readers have wondered about:
1. I’m also diabetic, are there foot massagers made for my condition AND runs?
If you’re a diabetic who runs, then good for you! Unfortunately, one of the common side effects if neuropathy, or numbness and weakness. Massaging your feet can help stimulate the blood flow if done right, especially before and after runs to prevent soreness or numbness.
With that said, I highly recommend either electric massagers or oscillating footpads, which ease the neuropathy-related symptoms. But you should get recommendations from your doctor, as not all foot massagers are made efficient for a diabetic.
2. Can I use a foot massager while I’m pregnant?
Many women also run while pregnant and to help ease the soreness from both runs and pregnancy, foot massagers save the day. BUT, it’s still best to consult with your doctor before you use a massager, or have someone apply pressure on your feet.
Because massagers can feel intense and have the electric nature, it’s not recommended to use them while pregnant unless your doctor gives you the go signal.
3. Can I still use a foot massager even if other parts of my body hurt?
One of the most common complaints is back pain, and surprisingly, a foot massager CAN help relieve that. So yes, it’s appropriate to use foot massagers to relieve such pain.
This is because tightens or soreness around some parts of your body can be caused by tension from other areas, such as your legs or feet. For those on their feet all day (or running intensely), the results are sore backs, which foot massagers can help remedy.
4. What are the risks of using foot massagers?
There are only risks associated with foot massagers if used incorrectly. For example, you can use it for too long (I’ll get to that in the next section!).
When overusing your foot massager, it may increase the risk of blood clots, especially when using compressions with too much pressure. This goes especially to those who suffer from heart conditions, osteoporosis, injuries, malformations, inflammations, joint dysfunctions, or other impairments and medical implantations.
But if you use it correctly and have no contraindications, then there’s no worry about your blood flow and chances of clots.
5. How can I use my foot massagers healthily?
It’s best that you use your foot massages once a day, but only at a maximum of 30 minutes per session! 10-15 minutes is the optimum duration, and for runners, do it after cooling down and stretching to prevent the pressure from massages in causing cramps. Also make sure that you use a lower intensity at first, increasing gradually until you hit a comfortable level without it being painful.
6. What are the ways to keep my foot massager lasting long?
To keep your foot massager lasting longer, all you need to do is to clean it regularly and avoid abusing it.
- Remove and wash the fabrics weekly, also wiping down the machine properly
- Do not force your feet in quickly, but place it in the cushioning with care to prevent damage
- Store it in cool and dry areas away from the direct sunlight to lessen the risk of it wearing out quickly
Wrapping It Up
As a runner, you’ll be going through various pains and aches, especially around the feet. That’s why the best foot massager is highly recommended, as it can reduce the chances of those aches from worsening, also quickening your recovery. Plus, you don’t have to spend a ton of money to get the relaxation need post-run!
Of all the different kinds of foot massagers available, the best one has to go to the TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller. Yes, it isn’t the fancy and automatic machines we all know and love, but it does the trick at such an affordable price! It doesn’t only help lessen the aches from intense runs, but it also improves circulation and feels amazing on the feet.
Even if I didn’t run that day, I still feel so good using this massager, it’s under my feet at LEAST once a day! All in all, it’s a long term investment worth more than the price.
I hope my article on the best foot massager helped you out! So don’t wait any longer and begin investing in the one you need now.
Do you have any questions or want to share your reviews on the best foot massager? Then comment below, I appreciate all your thoughts!