If you are a heavy runner, a triathlon athlete or perhaps just someone who frequents concrete roads, mountainous terrains or trails for a long run, aching feet and sore legs are inevitable. A few stretches will do but our tired feet also need a break now and then. And because spa services can be pretty pricey, you can’t always get the relaxation you need. And so I thought, why can’t I just do it at home?
The best foot spa machines are impressively innovative and convenient to use. With a plethora of foot spas being manufactured and released, they’ve become more accessible to everyone that some consider these massagers a piece of essential equipment to rejuvenate aching feet and also provide therapeutic relief.
Because I often end up with sore feet after running, I do find these foot spa massagers beneficial. And if you’re thinking of getting one of these, I’d be happy to walk you through the important reminders you should know. I’ve compiled an in-depth roundup of the best foot spa machines that are worth buying and also a comprehensive guide to help you find the ultimate product that fits your needs.
- 1 10 Best Foot Spas 2020
- 1.1 1. The Best For Relaxing Tense Muscles And Heating Therapy: Kendal Foot Spa Massager
- 1.2 2. The Best To Use With Essential Oils And Salts: Ivation Foot Spa Massager
- 1.3 3. The Best For Large Feet: Kendal Foot Spa Massager with Heat
- 1.4 4. The Best For Vibration Foot Massage: Conair Foot Spa
- 1.5 5. The Best For Softening Heels: Dr. Scholl’s Invigorating Pedicure Foot Spa
- 1.6 6. The Best For Overworked Feet And Tight Muscles: HoMedics Foot Salon Pro Footbath
- 1.7 7. The Best For Gentle Bubble Foot Spa: HoMedics Bubble Mate Foot Spa
- 1.8 8. The Best For Quick And Efficient Heating: PIBBS Foot Bath Massager
- 1.9 9. The Best For Swelling Feet: Muchoo Foot Spa Bath Massager
- 1.10 10. The Best For Deep Stimulation And Massage: Kendal Deep Foot Spa Massager
- 2 How To Choose The Best Foot Spa
- 3 Bonus Tips On Cleaning Your Foot Spa
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions: Foot Spa
- 5 Wrapping It Up
10 Best Foot Spas 2020
1. The Best For Relaxing Tense Muscles And Heating Therapy: Kendal Foot Spa Massager
Besides the lovely pink shade, Kendal renders the services I need when it comes to full relaxation for my feet. It does the trick with its innovative heating features that stabilize the temperature for efficient heating therapy. Although it is made of plastic, Kendal ensures safe spa treatment with its high temperature-resistant material that also does not wear out easily over time.
The dial knob on top also features preset modes of massage combinations and hence, allows you to customize the services according to your needs and preferences. You can opt for the oxygen bubbles massage for a gentle massage or high-frequency vibration massage for deep massage and ease your aching soles. Such features also help relieve tension on your foot muscles and fatigue and promote blood circulation at the same time.
- Offers heating therapy to soothe and revitalize aching feet
- Has vibration massage that helps relieve muscle tension on your foot
- Features oxygen bubbles for a gentle massage
- Made of durable and high temperature-resistant material
- The size and capacity can be a bit small for users with large feet
- The knobs and spikes on the rollers may feel a bit stiff at times
2. The Best To Use With Essential Oils And Salts: Ivation Foot Spa Massager
For a heavenly spa that gives your feet a gentle and soothing treat, Ivation does wonders with its versatile foot spa massager. Unlike other foot spa massagers that do not allow such additives to be used with their machines, Ivation offers otherwise. Besides the basic features, you can customize your massage treatment and make it even more pleasurable with essential oils and salts! If you need to carry it around, the ergonomic handle makes it much easier to do so.
Programmed with a user-friendly interface, you can easily control the settings according to your preferred foot spa treatment. Whether you use it for heating therapy to soothe swelling and redness on your feet, vibrating massage for deep massage or a gentle massage with oxygenating bubble action, all it takes is just one push on the button! While you adjust the temperature depending on your preferred level of heat, you can also set the timer to optimize your foot spa session.
- Can be used with essential oils and salts
- Has an adjustable temperature and timer setting
- Features options for bubble and vibrating massage
- Warms the water up for heating therapy
- User-friendly interface with advanced LED display
- May have leak problems at times
- It is a bit hard to empty the water
3. The Best For Large Feet: Kendal Foot Spa Massager with Heat
If you’re having a hard time finding the best foot spa for your large feet, that could probably the least of your worries with this foot spa from Kendal. Given the relatively large dimensions, it offers great capacity that can accommodate men and women with large feet. And while it serves as a spa haven for all sizes, it also works to relieve sore feet and muscle tension around your foot and also enhances blood circulation.
Besides its large capacity, this product also features a heating element that warms up the water up to its optimum level. It uses quality a PTC heating semiconductor to prevent overheating. Crafted with preset programs, you can easily switch between vibration massage, oxygen bubbles, and heating therapy. You may also find it even more relaxing and enjoyable with the massage nodes, rollers, and smooth nibs.
- Ideal size for users with large feet
- Has 3 programmed presets to customize foot spa massage
- Easy to use and clean
- Offers heating therapy with optimum temperature level
- Features bubble massage and vibration massage
- Creates little noise when in use
- There are no available options to adjust the temperature
4. The Best For Vibration Foot Massage: Conair Foot Spa
If you’re after vibration massage to treat your aching feet with comfort and warm relaxation, this foot spa from Conair is surely worth a try. It highlights the vibration massage that activates with just one quick push on the toe-touch button! It does not heat water but it stabilizes the warm temperature once you fill it up with warm water, making your foot spa more soothing and relaxing for a spa retreat!
It is very easy to use and I also like the splash guard nodes and detachable rollers that intensify the massage for an extra-deep and full foot massage. Cleaning it up and putting it away after every use won’t be a problem. So, if you’re just looking for the basics, this Conair foot spa will do!
- Retains the temperature of the warm water
- Activates vibration massage with just a push of the toe-touch button
- Easy to use and put away for storage
- Has detachable rollers and splash guard nodes for deep massage
- Does not heat water but rather be filled up with warm water
- It is a bit loud when in use
5. The Best For Softening Heels: Dr. Scholl’s Invigorating Pedicure Foot Spa
When it comes to taking good care of your soles and softening your heels, Dr. Scholl’s pedicure foot spa does an incredible job to keep your feet soft and relaxed. What I like about this innovative machine is how every function and feature is accessible and convenient to use.
It’s easy as tossing your feet in a basin with warm water but ramps it up with SMART heat system and heavenly bubble massage for a relaxing spa experience. Once you fill the unit with warm water, it does the trick to retain the temperature at its optimum heat level.
It comes with a detachable pumice stone that cares for all the areas of your foot and gently treats your heels. There’s also a rolling massager that you can make use of to deeply massage your tired feet!
- Has SMART heat system to keep the water warm
- Features bubble massage for gentle and soothing foot spa
- Works to soften heels and revive aching soles
- Has a rolling massager for a deep foot massage
- A bit expensive
- It makes a little noise when in use
6. The Best For Overworked Feet And Tight Muscles: HoMedics Foot Salon Pro Footbath
When you’ve been on your feet all day or just taking a break after an exhausting workout, your tired and aching feet might need a little boost to get back on track and that’s how HoMedics works. Crafted with a heating element, this unit heats cold water in minutes and stabilizes the temperature throughout your foot spa session. Great for heating therapy!
Designed with vibration massage and relaxing bubbles, you can also give your tired soles and heels an effervescent and calming massage. You can also experience a kneading massage with the four pressure node rollers that function to relax tight muscles and reinvigorate overworked feet. And if you want to revel in a customized footbath, it also comes with four pedicure attachments: rough and smooth pumice stone, cleansing brush, and a massage roller.
- Features four pressure node rollers to deeply massage overworked feet and muscle tension
- Has a function for vibration massage and bubble massage for elevated foot spa
- Comes with four pedicure attachments for a customized footbath
- Heats water in minutes and keeps it warm throughout the session
- It operates a bit louder compared to other foot spa machines
- Some find the massage rollers and nibs a little uncomfortable
7. The Best For Gentle Bubble Foot Spa: HoMedics Bubble Mate Foot Spa
To ease your heel pain, you may need to treat your feet with a bubble foot spa for a gentle and revitalizing massage. This unit from HoMedics highlights its bubble function that activates with just one push on the convenient toe-touch control. You can also adjust the temperature and jets according to your preference without the need to bend down to reach the controls.
While it is crafted to be user-friendly, this foot spa also heats water in minutes and keeps it warm so you can enjoy a therapeutic warm footbath. Designed with raised nodes and removable pumice stone, you can indulge in a customized foot spa to minimize the pain on your feet and relax the tight muscles as well. You can also prevent leaks and messy spills while enjoying your footbath with its integrated splash guard.
- Offers calming bubble footbath for a gentle and revitalizing foot massage
- Heats water in minutes and retains its temperature throughout the session
- Has pressure nodes and removable pumice stone
- Designed with a splash guard to prevent spills
- Does not have a vibration massage function
- It is a little loud when in use
8. The Best For Quick And Efficient Heating: PIBBS Foot Bath Massager
If you always look forward to soaking your feet in warm water and revel in a soothing heating therapy, all it takes is a minute or less to heat the water with this foot spa massager form PIBBS. Designed with programmed presets, you can use the dial knob to switch between massage with no heat, heat and bubbles or heat, bubbles, and massage function.
This impressive heating unit also spruces up your foot spa experience with the vibration massage option. While it works to help maintain the warm temperature of the water, it also adds comfort and relaxing sensation to your aching feet. Along with the massage and bubble function, you can alleviate pain on your soles, heels, and all areas of your feet. It can also help revive your swelling feet!
Streamlined with a splash guard, I like how you can enjoy a relaxing foot bath at any time of the day in your very own home without any spills and splashes.
- Heats water very quickly and keeps it warm throughout the session
- Comes with 3 programmed presets for a customized foot spa
- Has a vibration massage option to revive aching feet and also keep the water warm
- Easy to control and manage settings with the use of dial knob
- The capacity may seem a bit small for users with large feet
- The heat tends to get too hot
9. The Best For Swelling Feet: Muchoo Foot Spa Bath Massager
If you are targeting your swelling feet, you can give them a nice and gentle foot bath with this foot spa massager from Muchoo. Besides its elegant aesthetics, it boasts its automatic function that renders a customized ideal foot spa treatment. Programmed with bubble and vibration massage options, you can comfort your aching toes and heels or swelling feet with efficient massage movements.
It also features four automatic rollers at the bottom of the spa that provides kneading movements and therefore, helps reduce the pain on all areas of your feet. Apart from the relaxing bubbles and invigorating vibration massage, your feet can also take delight in warm water with its efficient heating system that heats the water quickly for a spa on-the-go!
What I also like about this foot spa machine are the wheels that promote mobility. While you can also use the ergonomic handle, the wheels are a convenient design that allows you to go anywhere in your home for a relaxing spa treatment. You can just glide it on the floor and move from one place to another like a breeze. Plus, the touch-button control panel and LED display make it a lot easier to adjust the settings!
- Ideal to use for swelling feet and aching heels and soles
- Has automatic function with bubble and vibration massage options
- Designed with four rollers at the bottom for kneading massage
- Has a heating system that heats water quickly
- Comes with wheels for mobility
- Has LED display and touch-button control panel
- There are no available options to adjust the pressure
- The temperature can get really hot
10. The Best For Deep Stimulation And Massage: Kendal Deep Foot Spa Massager
If you want to pamper your feet after a long and tiring day at work or after a strenuous workout or training, you can give your legs and feet a deep massage with this foot spa from Kendal. Contrary to the designs we have on this list, this foot spa massager showcases a larger and deeper basin that targets not only your feet but also your calf and legs.
Therefore, if you wish to get a deep massage at home, this unit might just work for you. It has motorized rollers and point massage nodes that jive with the bubbles and optimum pressure from the air nozzles to give your feet deep stimulation and a relaxing massage. It also uses a PTC heating semiconductor that heats water rapidly and maintains its temperature at your preferred level. Kendal also makes sure you get the most out of your massage and enjoy a safe spa treatment with its high-quality heat resistant material and multi-insulation protection.
Although it may seem heavy to carry due to its large capacity, this unit has a hose so you can drain the water more easily. The ergonomic handle and wheels also make it transportable, allowing you to move across the room without any hassle.
- Great to use for deep stimulation and full foot massage
- Has nodes and motorized rollers to deeply massage your foot
- Programmed with bubble massage for a gentle and relaxing foot spa
- Made of durable heat-resistant material for a safe spa treatment
- Comes with a handle and wheels for enhanced portability
- Provides larger capacity that can accommodate feet of all sizes
- Has an LED display and touch-button control panel to adjust the settings easily
- The unit may feel heavy to carry and drain
- It is a bit hard to clean
How To Choose The Best Foot Spa
Before you decide on your purchase, there are things you need to carefully consider when picking out the best foot spa for your massage options and comfort demands. To make sure you end up with the product that suits your needs, take note of the following significant factors:
These foot spa machines are available in different sizes and depths. Therefore, it is vital to consider the dimensions of the machine to make sure it is large enough to accommodate your feet. To provide efficient massage and foot spa treatment, the machine should have ample space for your feet or for anyone in your family or friends who would use it.
The manufacturers always indicate the dimensions of the foot spa such as the length, width, and height inside and outside of the tank. There are innovative designs that offer full foot massage with their average-sized basins while others feature deep tanks for the foot and calf.
Heating Unit And Temperature Range
One of the primary features of a foot spa is the heating element that heats the water quickly to give your feet warm and therapeutic massage. However, this feature may vary from brand to brand. Also, the feedback from a lot of users regarding its function is a bit conflicting.
While it can spur a bit of confusion, do know that not all foot spa machines can generate heat to make the water hot or warm. There are units that need to be filled up with warm water prior to the massage treatment and the unit does the job to keep the water warm throughout the session. This may not be foul harm to you if you don’t mind heating the water that you will use for the foot spa.
On the other hand, there are foot spa massagers that feature a heating system that heats water quickly in minutes. All you need to do is to fill the basin with water and let the unit does its wonders to make the water warm effortlessly. This could be your ideal option if you want to save up more time and effort in heating water prior to your foot spa.
When it comes to the temperature range, certain foot spa designs feature customizable settings that allow you to adjust the temperature according to your preferred level of heat. Some units, however, do not have available controls to adjust the temperature but has the ability to retain the heat of the water at the optimum level.
For the ultimate foot spa experience, there are foot spa machines that offer a variety of massage options. Apart from the heating technology, you can switch between Bubble massage and Vibration massage and indulge in a customized foot spa in your very own home.
Most units are also crafted with rollers and pressure nodes that enhance stimulation and kneading movements to give your feet a more relaxing foot massage. They can either be motorized or detachable.
Units that are innovated with a bubble massage function release air bubbles that help stimulate foot reflex zones. This option also provides a gentle massage for average foot pain that you usually experience when you run through mountainous trails, concrete roads or when you run on high mileage.
If you want to intensify your foot spa treatment and give your feet a little boost, there are units that offer vibration massage. You can activate this option with just one push of a button. This is an ideal option if you want to reduce muscle tension or ease foot pain after running on vast terrains or when wrapping up a marathon. This also helps stimulate muscles and enhance blood circulation. Just make sure to use it within the recommended time and at an optimum pressure level.
Rollers and Pressure Nodes
For kneading movements and deep massage, most foot spa machines include detachable or motorized rollers and pressure nodes or the small nibs that you usually find at the bottom of the foot spa. These features revive aching and overworked feet and also help relax tense muscles, especially if you’re running from moderate to high mileage. Along with pumice stones, units with rollers and nodes also help soften and smoothen heels and soles.
Ease of Use
Foot spa machines are practically just filling the basin with warm water or heating the water right there in the unit and opt for the control buttons with a massage of your choice. That’s it! However, some brands integrate modern technologies and features to make their units more accessible and much easier to use.
For the utmost convenience, some foot spa machines feature LED displays that allow you to view and monitor the settings you’ve opted for. While some units make it all easy and basic with a dial knob, other designs are crafted with a multifunctional display streamlined with soft-to-touch buttons to enhance the accessibility and aesthetics at the same time.
To make it much easier to control the settings of the foot spa machine across the room, some units include a remote control. You can also opt for a machine with a programmed timer to make sure you’re taking a foot spa treatment within the recommended time or according to your preferred period.
When it comes to portability, you may choose the ones with ergonomic handles and caster wheels. Some foot spa machines have these features.
Bonus Tips On Cleaning Your Foot Spa
- Always check the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the proper ways of cleaning your foot spa. Otherwise stated, you may use warm water and mild detergent to clean the unit inside and out. Cleanse it thoroughly but always refer to the manufacturer’s manual to prevent any damages on the motor and other electrical parts. Never ever submerge the whole machine in the water
- If you’re using salts or if there are any particles or debris in the spa, take them out first before you drain the water to prevent them from clogging the channel. After cleaning it up with mild soap or detergent and warm water, make sure to wash the unit carefully to remove any soap residues. Keep it dry
- Cleaning your foot spa machine after each use to keep it completely clean. If you are sharing your foot spa machine with multiple people, it best to disinfect the unit after each use for sanitary purposes, especially if you or one of the users have injuries, cuts, sores, or any foot-related issues. However, always check the instructions carefully on how to disinfect the unit, what to use, and how long you should disinfect it. There are disinfectants that may contain harmful chemicals that can cause skin irritations, especially on sensitive skin
Frequently Asked Questions: Foot Spa
1. How long can I use a foot spa?
As a rule of thumb, it is recommended that you use a foot spa for 15 to 20 minutes only. Any longer than that can make your feet dry which may lead to skin cracks, breakdowns, and irritations. You may also experience some pain rather than relief. Using the foot spa machine within the recommended time prevents overheating.
2. Is it okay to use a foot spa if I have a foot injury?
Foot spa machines are never a substitute for professional medical procedures for recovery and treatment. They do provide therapeutic effects and can alleviate pain in your feet, particularly if you need to relax and revive your sore feet after a long run. But it is always best to consult your doctor or a health professional before you use a foot spa when you have foot injuries or any foot-related issues to deter any detrimental effects.
If you are suffering from insulin-dependent diabetes, severe vascular diseases or if you have arteriosclerosis or frostbite, don’t use these foot spa machines.
3. I’m pregnant. Is it okay to use a foot spa?
As much as possible, stay away from these machines if you are pregnant. You may wish to take delight in a soft and soothing foot massage but using a foot spa may lead to potential health issues. These machines incorporate massage techniques and reflexology which may stimulate pressure points that can induce labor or early contractions and hence, not advisable for pregnant women.
Some foot spas that use essential oils and salts may also cause skin irritations, allergies, and potential adverse effects on your hormones.
4. Can kids use foot spa?
As long as it is just a basic soft and soothing foot spa soak within a shorter period than usual to relieve their aching feet, it would be okay. The water should not be too hot as well. But because kids have delicate bones, they don’t necessarily need intense massage treatments and foot spa soak, as mentioned, would be just fine.
If your kid also suffers from injuries or any foot-related problems or you’re not sure whether the foot spa is safe to use, it is best to consult your pediatrician.
5. Is it okay to use salts or essential oils in a foot spa?
This greatly depends on the manufacturers. They are the ones to tell whether it is safe to use their foot spa machines with additives such as salts or essential oils. Some brands allow these additives as they can make the sensation more pleasurable and relaxing while other brands do not recommend using any of these as they may damage moving parts or cause any malfunction.
Wrapping It Up
After taking the concrete trails and braving the rough roads for running, you can therapeutic relief and invigorating treatment for your feet with the best foot spa machines. Although they are designed with the sole purpose, each brand carries out stunning features that can provide you with the ultimate foot spa experience.
Our comprehensive guide unravels the primary features you need to look for to make sure you get the foot spa that matches your needs. The in-depth roundup listed above also provides you the topnotch options for the best foot spa machines that are surely worth a try.
Have you found your favorite pick? Don’t forget to share them with us! If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to share them through the comment box below!