With over a century of service in the shoe industry, Brooks has established a remarkable reputation that’s been recognized across the globe. Being a pioneer in making stunning footwear designs, Brooks has become a reliable and well-known brand for innovating running shoes with custom comfort and support, exceptional durability and shoe technology that many runners go for.
But with a plethora of collections of Brooks running shoes, picking out the ideal fit for your feet isn’t always a walk in the park. Therefore, which is the best Brooks running shoes for you? What are the factors to take note of when choosing your ultimate pair? Well, that’s probably why you’re here.
Don’t worry. We’ve taken all the burden for your convenience. In this article, you will find the top picks for Brooks running shoes for men and women along with a detailed guide to help you out!
- 1 6 Best Brooks Running Shoes for Men in 2020
- 1.1 1. The Responsive and Lightweight: Brooks Men’s Ravenna 9
- 1.2 2. The Well-Cushioned and Seamless Transition: Brooks Men’s Adrenaline Gts 18
- 1.3 3. The Neutral Runner and Soft Cushion: Brooks Men’s Ghost 12
- 1.4 4. The Revamped Fit and Long-Distance Runner: Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS 19
- 1.5 5. The Plush Fit and Stable Ride: Brooks Men’s Ghost 10
- 1.6 6. The Roomy Forefoot and Maximum Support: Brooks Men’s Beast ’18
- 2 6 Best Brooks Running Shoes for Women in 2020
- 2.1 1. The Responsive and Breezy Feel: Brooks Launch 5 Women’s Running Shoes
- 2.2 2. The Soft Cushioned and Smooth Transition: Brooks Women’s Glycerin 17
- 2.3 3. The Energized Response and Springy Feel: Brooks Women’s Levitate 2
- 2.4 4. The Stable Support and Spacious Room: Brooks Women’s Addiction 13
- 2.5 5. The Superb Rebound and Airy Feel: Brooks Women’s Ghost 12
- 2.6 6. The Flexible and Lightweight: Brooks Women’s PureFlow 7
- 3 How to Choose the Best Brooks Running Shoes
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions: Brooks Running Shoes
- 5 Wrapping Up
6 Best Brooks Running Shoes for Men in 2020
1. The Responsive and Lightweight: Brooks Men’s Ravenna 9
The Brooks Ravenna 9 is all about that airy feel from its lightweight mesh that leaves more room for your feet to breathe. Crafted with BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning and rebounding rubber, this shoe renders a flexible response and springy feel underfoot. It gives a great grip when you go out and about for your morning run or when you take the trails for jogging.
Runners with plantar fasciitis may also find comfort and efficient support with this comfy pair. It has Diagonal Rollbar that offers great stability that won’t hurt your feet but rather lend custom comfort, allowing you to run for miles, walk for hours, or even stand throughout the day! It’s also a great and stable shoe for road running or if your foot doesn’t roll too badly. Engineered with the Midfoot Transition Zone, you can revel in seamless and quick transitions while giving your feet the ample support.
- Lightweight and responsive
- Lends springy feel underfoot for better bounce
- Great to use for runners with plantar fasciitis
- Features Midfoot Transition Zone for smooth and quick transitions
- Designed for road running
- Sizing seems a bit off and small for some runners
2. The Well-Cushioned and Seamless Transition: Brooks Men’s Adrenaline Gts 18
The GTS 18 takes it out of the box with its revamped mesh upper that provides better fit and breathability while keeping up with a more streamlined appearance. Engineered with soft cushioning from the BioMoGo DNA midsole, your feet can revel in custom comfort and support that adapts to your movement. It also enhances flexibility and provides a smooth transition as you run. You can also depend on ample support as you move with its Progressive Diagonal Rollbar.
This model also exhibits the Segmented Crash Pad along with beveled edges that render seamless transitioning and landing, allowing you to run comfortably. For those who have been on their feet all day or suffering from plantar fasciitis and tendonitis, you can give these running shoes a shot and who knows, this might be the comfortable footwear you need!
- Designed with soft cushioning for custom comfort
- Enhances flexibility and adapts to your movement
- Has Progressive Diagonal Rollbar for efficient support
- Provides smooth transitioning and landing
- Has revamped mesh upper for a better fit
- A little bit squeaky and noisy
3. The Neutral Runner and Soft Cushion: Brooks Men’s Ghost 12
For a runner with a neutral gait or if your feet do not overpronate, this Ghost 12 from Brooks might just be the perfect fit. Rated with level 2 cushion, Ghost 2 takes you out on a stable ride with its soft and protective feel to render ample cushion as you run. Whether you’re training for a triathlon, prepping for a long run, or just want to ramp up your daily workout, these shoes will give your feet light and responsive feel while providing ample cushion and support.
Aside from its soft cushion, these shoes are also designed for medium to high arches. Streamlined with BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT, Ghost 12 ensures optimum softness underfoot without compromising the responsiveness and durability. As it allows you to run without being too heavy, it also boasts its smooth and flexible foot landing with its Segmented Crash Pad. You can take this pair out for road running or if you’re standing all day!
- Designed for neutral gait
- Provides soft cushion and ample support
- Responsive and lightweight
- Designed for medium to high arches
- Great for road running and triathlon training
- Has sizing issues
4. The Revamped Fit and Long-Distance Runner: Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS 19
GTS 19 spruces up its support system with the holistic GuideRails technology that focuses on your knees and keep them essentially protected as they are prone to injuries. This support system works to keep your movement on track while allowing you to run comfortably. These shoes also showcase the modernized fit with their 3D Fit Print upper and mesh that will give your feet snug and comfortable fit.
Brooks utilize BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning that reinforce the softness of the underfoot and therefore, gives your feet optimum cushioning while maintaining the durability and responsiveness. If you’re into road running, long-distance running, or working out on your treadmill, the GTS 19 could be your best running buddy. Also integrated with Segmented Crash Pad, you may expect smooth landing and heel-to-toe transition as you run.
- Snug fit and sufficient support
- Has GuideRails technology that keeps your movement on track to minimize knee injuries
- Optimum cushioning and soft underfoot
- Durable and responsive
- Smooth landing and transition
- Looks a bit bulky
5. The Plush Fit and Stable Ride: Brooks Men’s Ghost 10
When you’re worried about your landing, Ghost 10 will back you up with its Segmented Crash Pad. It is one of their promising technologies that most Brooks running shoes are engineered with. This technology works to give your feet a nice and smooth landing no matter how you move, run, or fall, allowing you to revel in a stable and seamless ride.
What’s also great about the Ghost 10 running shoes is the breathability. Designed with a newly engineered mesh upper, the shape and structure of the shoe adapt to your foot, allowing you to move as light as air. Tailored together with the Omega Flex Grooves, Ghost 10 lends better flexibility so you can move according to your pace comfortably. Whether you use them for road running or just for casual or work use, these running shoes are good to go!
- Provides a stable ride and seamless transition
- Gives your feet optimum support for a smooth landing
- Enhanced breathability with a modernized mesh upper
- Great for road running and casual use
- Promotes better flexibility and comfortable fit
- Has issues about the rubber part that come off in pieces
6. The Roomy Forefoot and Maximum Support: Brooks Men’s Beast ’18
If you have wide feet and you’re looking for the best Brooks running shoes to give you all the room you need, this Beast 18 could be your ideal pick! Designed with soft cushioning and updated toe box, you’ll have ample space in your foot, allowing you to move freely and comfortably. It provides maximum support which is great for medium and flat arches.
While it guides your foot to move according to its natural motion and pace, the Extended Progressive Rollbar renders exceptional comfort that your feet can depend on for walking and running for miles. If you also have some weight behind you, the Beast ‘18 ensures optimum support that won’t strain your feet. When it comes to plush feel and secure fit, Brooks ramped it up with a supportive saddle and external heel counter.
- Great for wide feet
- Provides maximum support and roomy forefoot
- Designed for flat and medium arches
- Has a supportive saddle and external heel counter for a secure fit
- Can also be a good option for heavy users
- It sometimes has a loud squeaky sound
6 Best Brooks Running Shoes for Women in 2020
1. The Responsive and Breezy Feel: Brooks Launch 5 Women’s Running Shoes
For a lightweight feel and soft ride that can back you up on road running, Brooks designed their Launch 5 running shoes with featherlike Air Mesh material. Not only does it render light feel but also exceptional comfort when you run. It is also great for long-distance running or if you’re an experienced runner training for a marathon.
One of its perks that you can take advantage of is the responsive cushioning. The BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning does a great job of maintaining the responsiveness and flexibility of the shoe. While it supports your foot with an optimum response, the midfoot is also essentially reinforced to provide a smooth transition from heel to toe. You can take it on a long-distance run and road run or if you just need some comfy shoes for work!
- Lends airy feel with its Air Mesh material
- Can be used for long-distance running or road running
- Very responsive with its BioMoGo midsole cushioning
- Provides soft ride and smooth transition
- Designed for neutral support and medium to high arches
- The toe box feels a bit small
2. The Soft Cushioned and Smooth Transition: Brooks Women’s Glycerin 17
Glycerin 17 boasts its ultra-soft DNA LOFT cushioning that lends incredibly comfortable underfoot without losing the optimum rebound. These shoes are designed with OrthoLite sock liner that ensure exceptional comfort right when you wear them. The DNA LOFT also along the transition zone is responsible for a plush and seamless transition.
It is great to use for road running but you can also flaunt them out in the training ground, especially when you’re working on your skills for the marathon. To evenly distribute the impact on every stride, it has the IDEAL Pressure Zones take over this job. It is also revamped for better flexibility, sturdier structure, and better breathability. Not to mention the sleek and stylish design that makes these shoes look cool!
- Renders smooth transition and better flexibility
- Soft underfoot from the DNA LOFT cushioning
- Great for road running and marathon training
- Evenly distributes the impact for an effortless ride
- Sleek and stylish design
- The toe box seems narrow
3. The Energized Response and Springy Feel: Brooks Women’s Levitate 2
To reinforce the response of the shoe and heighten the springy feel, Brooks utilizes the most responsive midsole which is the DNA AMP. While it works more than just a cushioning, the midsole also obtains and optimizes the energy to elevate your run. You may also take note of the adaptable Fit knit upper and heel collar that embraces your foot with a secure and soft fit.
Looking at the outsoles, Brooks innovated arrow-point flexible patterns to ensure efficient grip and effortless transition. Apart from the ultimate comfort from the heel collar, they also feel lightweight, leaving you with featherlike feel as if you’re wearing slippers! They are very supportive, cozy, and just right for short-distance running, cross-training, and road running.
- Exhibits the most responsive DNA AMP midsole for maximum response and support
- Has flexible patterns on the outsole for efficient grip and transition
- Provides ultimate comfort and secure fit with the heel collar
- Optimizes energy to fuel your run
- Great for road running, cross-training, and short-distance running
- Has sizing issues
- It is a bit pricey
4. The Stable Support and Spacious Room: Brooks Women’s Addiction 13
If you don’t mind gracing a little weight on your running shoes, this Addiction 13 might just be the one you need. The additional weight is because of its stability properties that can help you manage pronation and maintain sturdy support as you go on your natural motion and transition. If you’re also worried about getting enough space for your wide feet, you can take advantage of its generous fit that allows your foot to move comfortably whether it is flat or wide.
Moving over to the cushioning, Addiction 13 uses one of Brooks’ best technologies which is the BioMoGo DNA that keeps up with your style and stride and therefore, allows you to move effortlessly as you go for miles and miles! You can use it for road running or working out and give your feet the support they need. It is also innovated with the Segmented Crash Pad for smooth transitions.
- Provides ample stability and support for flat and medium arches
- Helps manage pronation and maintain support
- Designed with BioMoGo DNA cushioning that adapts to your fit and running style
- Provides smooth and effortless transitions
- Can be used for road running, casual running, and exercise
- Feels heavy
- Has sizing issues
5. The Superb Rebound and Airy Feel: Brooks Women’s Ghost 12
One of the fascinating features of the Ghost 12 is the superb rebound while keeping it soft and well-cushioned. Brooks also reinforced its durability but keeping it as lightweight as possible so you can get on with your natural motion comfortably. Crafted with the Segmented Crash Pad, Ghost 12 also exhibits these absorbent shockers to evenly distribute the impact, allowing you to revel in a smooth and effortless ride.
To ensure secure and snug fit, this shoe has a newly revamped mesh upper and 3D Fit print. This design does a great job of reducing the weight and hence, render an airy feel so you can take road running, working out, or even marathon training a lot easier than you should. Innovatively designed with features for neutral support, you’ll have the optimum balance between responsiveness and softness that keeps up with your flexible arches!
- Offers superb responsiveness and softness
- Designed with 3D Fit print and revamped mesh upper for a secure fit
- Lightweight and well-cushioned
- Offers neutral support
- Evenly distributes the impact for an effortless ride
- Can be used for road running or casual use
- Feels a bit narrow and may not be spacious enough for wide feet
6. The Flexible and Lightweight: Brooks Women’s PureFlow 7
Brooks has the PureFlow 7 ramped up with a sleek and clean design that maintains a low profile but knocks it out of the park in terms of performance. While the shoe exhibits understated features, it stands out with its flexibility that allows your foot to move and transition in an effortless manner. It has a flexible sole that works to drive the impact away from your body, leaving you with a luxurious feel underfoot.
It’s safe to say that if you’re all into low-key designs, the Pureflow 7 might just be your best bet. Whether you’re working on your short-distance runs, you’re a first-time runner, or you’re working out and in need of a cross-trainer, these shoes could be your go-to running shoes! It provides sufficient padding and midsole cushioning for superb comfort. The rounded heel also adds up to the overall comfort while reducing the stress on your joints.
- Boasts its flexibility and clean design
- Lightweight and renders plush feel
- Takes the impact away from the body for an effortless stride and transition
- Great for beginners and short-distance runners
- Can be used for cross-training and road running
- Provides sufficient padding for superb comfort
- The toebox feels a bit tight and narrow
How to Choose the Best Brooks Running Shoes
While you can sort your choices out through the vast lineup of designs to find the ideal pair of Brooks running shoes, there’s a lot to consider apart from the creative patterns and vivid hues. Take note of the following factors and sift through each feature and find the perfect fit for your feet!
Every brand has its own innovative and exquisite selection of technologies that make their shoes more than just mainstream footwear. For Brooks, they’ve got experts to work on these technologies that enhance the support, cushioning, responsiveness, durability, and comfort of the running shoes. Each layer of the shoe exhibits a form of technology that supports and highlights your running aptitude while also helping you to improve the way you run – the outsoles, midsoles, upper, bumpers or rails, and cushioning system.
Brooks has a long list of their original technologies that you should consider as this will assist you in determining which type and design of shoe works best for you. Every running shoe has detailed descriptions about the technology it uses, along with its focal features. They have designs that are innovatively engineered for different types of arches or support, running styles, and distances or mileage levels.
Type of Running Shoes
To be able to identify the perfect running shoes for your feet, you should go through your styles of running, which activities you usually engaged in, and where you would use it.
Are you going to use it in the gym, on the road, or trails? Are you a heavy runner, moderate runner, or low-mileage runner? How many miles can you run? Are you a beginner or you’re looking for reliable and durable running shoes for cross-training and exercise? Do you go hiking and trail running?
No matter what your activities and running routines are, there’s definitely an ideal pair of running shoes that will match your needs and preferences. You may consider some of these questions to help you determine which Brooks running shoes have the best features that will work out for you.
Comfort and Fit
It is safe to say that comfort and fit are major factors you should never overlook. Even if they showcase a world-class design or come from a high-end brand, it’s no use when they are not comfortable and the fit is just off. If the toe box or midfoot is too tight, you might end up with blisters and sore feet. Too big and your shoe might just bolt down your path right before you can finish the race or wrap up your goal!
Brooks has modernized technologies that elevate the comfort to make sure you can indulge in plush and snug fit without worrying about straining your feet, joints, and the whole body when running. If you have wide feet, you should go for their collection of running shoes that have spacious rooms and are innovatively designed for wide feet. You may also consider this if you are suffering from injuries, bunions, plantar fasciitis, and other related health issues.
If you prefer running with airy and breezy feel, opt for lightweight running shoes that are typically streamlined with revamped mesh upper while stability shoes would be a great option if you’re in need of pronation management and maximum support, although they are relatively heavier than the usual running shoe designs.
Every runner has its own arch type which requires a particular kind of support and comfort. To narrow down your options, Brooks categorized their running shoes according to the type of arch support. To make it a lot easier to pick out your ideal pair, you should also identify your arch type or level of pronation.
Do you have normal arches, high arches, or flat feet? If you have flat feet, your feet overpronate or roll inward; high arches under pronate and require extra support; and normal or neutral arches pronate normally and do not need extra support.
If you fall into any of these categories, you will be able to determine which type of shoes will comply best with your needs and get the optimum support. While you can rectify your gait cycle and movement, you will also be able to perform at your utmost capability.
Design and Style
When you’re all done with the primary features, Brooks has a wide selection of designs and styles in store for you. You can take your pick among their creative patterns, bright colors, and overall design. Some running shoes feature a heel collar to reinforce the comfort and fit while ramping up the style and design. You may consider this if you want to have a different take on the style while benefiting from its comfort properties. Nonetheless, the final decision is all up to your preferences.
Brooks running shoes have affordable and expensive options. That’s why it is important to determine how much you’re willing to invest in a pair of running shoes. However, spending more on running doesn’t always mean you get the best quality. There are affordable choices that showcase features above par and a quality that can last for years. On our list, you may find running shoes that fall in a price range between $50 to $300, although this may still vary from time to time due to seasonal deals.
Frequently Asked Questions: Brooks Running Shoes
1. What are the different types of Brooks running shoes?
Brooks manufactured a stunning lineup of running shoes for road running, trail running, and track and cross country running. Sifting through the features of each type, some of these running shoes can also be used for working out and training.
2. Where can I buy Brooks running shoes?
There are a lot of sports shops and outlets that have Brooks running shoes in store for you, although you may check if there’s one available in your local area. While you can check them out through the physical stores, you can also purchase these running shoes through online shops and e-commerce websites. They provide comprehensive guides, reviews, and affordable deals and bargains every now and then.
3. Do they have available running shoes for wide feet?
Yes, they do. You may check the features of each shoe if it is designed for wide feet or if it has a spacious room that can accommodate feet of larger and wider feet sizes. On our list, we’ve got Brooks Beast ’18 for men and Brooks Addiction 13 for women that can accommodate runners with wide feet.
4. What are the best lightweight Brooks running shoes?
There are a ton of options to choose from but you can refer to the materials and technologies used to check if the particular design of running shoe is lightweight. And you’re in for a treat with our list of Brooks running shoes as some of them are innovatively designed to maintain that airy feel without losing the responsiveness and compromising the durability. You can check out Men’s Ravenna 9, Men’s Ghost 12, Women’s Launch 5, Women’s Levitate 2, Women’s Ghost 12, and Women’s PureFlow 7.
Going through the wide selection of Brooks running, picking out the right fit is a tough call. But as I usually prefer lightweight shoes whenever I go for a run, the Brooks Launch 5 running shoes for women sweep off the rest of the shoes on the list; it is my favorite pick. It does stand out with its lightweight design, but what has fascinated me even more, is the responsive cushioning.
The Brooks Ravenna 9 for men, I should say, is Launch 5’s counterpart which also highlights its airy feel from its lightweight design and the superb rebound. It’s impressive how Brooks doesn’t skimp on the quality and performance with these fascinating running shoes!
Have you found your favorite Brooks running shoes yet? If you haven’t yet, read on our list, reviews, and comprehensive guide to help you find the worthwhile purchase!